NSI Nails is a wholesale nail supplier in Australia. Largely known for their classy acrylics range appealing to both at-home nail artists and professional nail techs. Since the 1950s, NSI has manufactured high-quality monomers, polymers and other enhancement products for the nail industry.
NSI Nails partnered with OMG to primarily improve category-level content length and the site’s volume of quality backlinks which as a result would assist in ranking for more competitive keywords. The most significant challenge we encountered: Several of the site’s category pages contained a low word count and were not optimized for a wide range of keywords.
Content & links were the key focus, tightly integrated with key technical improvements. Our strategic keyword gap analysis identified a clear direction to guide our content strategy. We kicked off our strategy focusing on optimizing their homepage and then acrylic kits, gel polish & nail art category pages, which included page & FAQ expansion to include specific keywords in order to boost rankings. In tandem, we implemented a technical and manual links strategy including guest posts & citations which helped us bolster website authority and performance.
Strategy & Execution
After a thorough audit of the client’s link profile, competitors, content, and technical, we discovered that a lot of top-level service pages lack optimized content and internal linking and the site’s authority can be improved. Online Marketing Gurus were able to help NSI Nails achieve some incredible SEO results within a 12 month period. To note, OMG helped increase:
- Organic revenue by 352% YoY (from $111,656.48 to $503,929.42)
- Organic impressions by 57% YoY (from 1.5M to 2.36M)
- Organic users by 58% YoY (from 48,834 to 77,159)
- Organic transactions by 277% (from 1,561 to 5,887)
- Domain authority by 114% (from 14-30)
- Referring domains by 102% (from 146-296)
Due to budget constraints, we had to be very smart about keyword/page targeting, keeping in mind “low hanging fruits” i.e. transactional keywords that the client is currently ranking for in the second page/first half of the first page. In doing so, our SEO Gurus were able to secure some fantastic keyword wins, like:
- Increasing keywords in the top 3 increased by 39% (from 280 to 390)
- Ranking #1 for ‘acrylic nail liquids’ (search volume: 3,600)
- Ranking #1 for ‘gel polish’ (search volume: 1,900)
- Ranking #2 for ‘acrylic nail kit’ (search volume: 5,400)
- Ranking #3 for ‘nail supplies’ (search volume: 2,400)
We work with great companies of all sizes and we've
helped big name brands grow even bigger